Semper fi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always Faitfull

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

History and description from Semper-fidelis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astasa
Admin

History and description from Semper-fidelis Empty
PostSubject: History and description from Semper-fidelis   History and description from Semper-fidelis EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Semper Fidelis distinguishes the Marine Corps bond from any other. It goes beyond teamwork – it is a brotherhood and lasts for life.

Latin for "always faithful," Semper Fidelis became the Marine Corps motto in 1883. It guides Marines to remain faithful to the mission at hand, to each other, to the Corps and to country, no matter what
Becoming a Marine is a transformation that cannot be undone, and Semper Fi reminds us of that. Once made, a Marine will forever live by the ethics and values of the Corps.

There is no such thing as an ex-Marine.

Every Marine’s first commitment

Marines pledge themselves completely to the Constitution of the United States. From the day they enlist and throughout their service, the oath every Marine takes is a promise and a reminder of their commitment to the defense of our nation.

The Oath

The Marine Officer Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.

So help me God.

Music

Music has always been part of Marine Corps tradition. From the drum and fife of the American Revolution to The Marines’ Hymn and John Philip Sousa's marches, Marine Corps musicians have brought emphasis to America’s most important moments.

Marine Corps musicians perform at White House ceremonies, national events and in more than 500 public and official performances each year.

Musicians in “The President’s Own” United States Marine Band, “The Commandant’s Own” United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps, and the 12 Marine Corps bands are selected through a rigorous audition process: they must prove they have what it takes to perform — musically and as Marines. The Marines’ Hymn
The most recognizable military hymn and the oldest official song in the U.S. Armed Forces, The Marines’ Hymn is a reminder of the sacrifice and courage that Marines have shown on the battlefield. It is an important part of Marine Corps culture — every Marine can recite its three stanzas by heart.

Silent drill platoon

Bayoneted rifles flying from Marine to Marine, the lineup of crisp dress blue uniforms, the rhythmic slap of rifles caught by leather-gloved hands:

Bayoneted rifles flying from Marine to Marine, the lineup of crisp dress blue uniforms, the rhythmic slap of rifles caught by leather-gloved hands:

The Silent Drill Platoon exemplifies Marine Corps discipline and skill.

Members of the Silent Drill Platoon are handpicked to represent the Marine Corps. Through intense practice they learn the precise rifle drill performed for audiences across America.

The platoon is based at the historic Marine Barracks Washington, D.C., "8th & I." The Barracks is the oldest active post in the Marine Corps, and is located on the corners of 8th & I streets in southeast Washington, D.C. The Barracks supports both ceremonial and security missions, and is also the home of the Commandant of the Marine Corps

It shows the way of life.
Are you a real marine? or do you respect their way of life?

Grtz Astasa
Back to top Go down
https://semper-fi-1be1.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Semper fi :: Who is Semper-fi-
Jump to: